Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hand quilting, it's not that bad

I had stayed away from doing hand quilting since I started quilting. I kept coming up with excuses on why I couldn't do it. I've got man hands ( which I do) there's no way I can manipulate that needle or it takes way to too long. I do have patient problems. Well this past year I had decided to bust all of those silly reasons & just jump in & give it a go. Through trial & error I found the method that works for me. I do not use a hoop. I use an embroidery needle & pearlized 8 or 12 cotton thread. This was a block I had made & I slapped a border on it, found a backing & some batting. 
The stitches aren't perfect & that's what makes it wonderfully unique to me. 



This is going to be the year for me to bust through these techs that I had always thought was too hard or not for me. I'm not going to let fear stop me from trying. I hope yall are having a great day. It's awfully windy here but it's been a good day. More later on,


Vicky


1 comment:

  1. You never know if you can't do something unless you try. And the other saying is practice makes perfect!! Keep at it. It is very relaxing and very portable, even the big quilts (once they are basted you can carry them around on trips.)

    ReplyDelete