Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Playing with the pink scraps

Happy Independence Day!!!! Thank you to all of the service men & women who keep this country free & safe. 


 I slept in & woke to rain. Rainy weather in the summer means a sew day for me. I've been sewing, laundry, ironing & cooking.  Sometimes I can multi task & today I seem to be doing good at it. I've been playing with my pink scraps. Ever since my trip to Mountain Home I've had some pattern variations floating around in my head. So I dug into my pink scraps &I pulled out everything that I thought was wide enough. I'm working with my Nostalgia pattern & decided I'd double the size of the pieces that I was working with. Here's the block

The block is probably the largest I've ever worked with. It measures out at 20" square. 
The gray solid fabric I did purchase. It just isn't a color that I have large amounts of scraps. 

I'm going to keep this short. Off to check on my guys & see what their schedule is looking like for supper. I need to keep sewing & working on my embroidery. I'm thankful for being able to be busy! 

I hope that y'all have a great day. God bless America. More later on,

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment