Monday, April 11, 2016

5 day quilt challenge. The quilt that started it all

My friend Theresa Ward from Always Quilts nominated me for the 5 day quilt challenge. I decided to start the first day of the challenge with the very first quilt that I ever made.

It all started in January 2003. My mom thought that it would be a good idea if I started quilting. She & I would do the Saturday Sampler at Quilters Quarters here in Leavenworth. The plan was that mom would come up to my house after the meeting & she would teach me how to put the blocks together.

I sold the idea to my husband that the quilt was only going to cost me/us $5. The first month you had to pay $5. If you brought your completed block to the next month's meeting you could get that months block for free. I knew nothing of sashing, backing, batting & the quilting. Needless to say it was not a $5 quilt. I loved quilting! I thoroughly enjoyed the first Saturday's with my mom. It was shortly thereafter that I discovered scraps & the rest is history. I remember thinking that it was huge. Comparing it to the quilts that I make now it's kinda small, a good lap size quilt.

This 5 day quilt challenge is going to be fun. I hope that you enjoy it!

I hope that y'all are having a great day. More later on,


Vicky
 

No comments:

Post a Comment