Saturday, January 23, 2016

UFO's I didn't realize that I had them

UFO (UnFinished Object) or my my favorite PHD (Projects Half Done) are what other quilters had but not me. Boy was I wrong. My husband had told me when I started quilting to not start one project until I had completed my current project. I thought that I had done a pretty good job at that until here recently. I have been doing some cleaning & rearranging in my sewing room & have discovered some PHD's & some projects that all of the fabric had been pulled & set aside but never done. So here's my goal " I want to get as many UFO's &. PHD's done as I possbily can this year". Here's my list with pictures!
#1. Friend Liz's quilt. The pattern is changing so this is still in the holding pattern.

#2. Kiddo's Military quilt. Last June I had gone to Missouri Star & found some military fabric in precuts & I knew my kiddo would love it. I bought it & was going to make his quilt in my Prairie Stones pattern. I finished all of the blocks yesterday & was able to lay it out last night.
Now I just need to piece the blocks together & put the borders on & I'll be able to cross this one off of my list. I'm hoping that maybe I can give it to him for Valentines Day.

#3. The Double Wedding Ring. My mom got me the die & I had started on it but stopped because I was getting frustrated with it. I think that I'll have a better time with it now that I've had a bit more experience with set in seams, Y seams & sewing curves. There are lots of pieces started in the bag.

#4. Cream & Yellow quilt. Between the trip to Missouri Star in June & then again in September I picked up the fabric for this quilt.
When I saw this fabric it's like there was tunnel vision & everything else was blurry. I made a bee line straight for it & it was coming home with me. This is a very strange phenomenon becasue I don't buy yardage I'm a scrappy girl. Anyways I think that the plan for this to make large hexagons so that you can see the beautiful fabrics.

#5 Wool appliqué quilt. This project started in August of last year when I took a wool appliqué class through my guild. I really enjoyed it but there was a problem, the project was designed to be a wall hanging. Nothing against wall hangings but they're just not for me. I wanted something big enough to use so I asked the designer if she had a way to make it bigger & she did & I'm thrilled. I've got 4 out of 12 blocks done. I cut out all of the remaining blocks last week. So now all I have to do is the handwork. 

#6 Wild and Goosey
The is an insanely large quilt that is paper pieced. Each tiny block is 3.5" unfinished & I need to make a bazillion of them becasue you know me it's gotta be huge!

#7. Winding Ways. This is my current treadle project & it's kinda of sat on my treadle for a while. I know  that I need to cut more scraps for it but mainly I just need to sit down & work on it.

This is just a temporary list becasue I know I'll find more UFO's & PHD's & many more projects will be started.  I'd better cut this off & get supper going & do some sewing. I hope that y'all are having a great Saturday. More later on,


Vicky




1 comment:

  1. We are a large sisterhood...thanks for sharing and keep your needle shiny and your thread straight!

    ReplyDelete