Friday, November 27, 2015

When life gives you ice you stay inside & quilt!

I woke up to this this morning,
When I can't see out of my front room window because of a glaze of ice, it's just better if I stay inside & sew! That is my goal, that & turn off the furnace but the men of my family are inside currently & they like it hot to almost stifeling & I'm about to die. Husband is currently under 2 quilts, crazy head.

I'm working on finishing up the stocking project. This has definetley been a pain, oops I mean a challenge for me. A friend asked if I would make a stocking to match one that she already has & well it's been a little bit more of a challenge than anticipated. 
The original is on the right & my version is on the left. Not too bad for no pattern. The challenge lies in the cuff (Here's the orginal)
& here's what I've got so far
Now since this picture was taken the machine embroidery has been added & I'm trying to figure out how to get it attached. It's not as simple as you would think becuase of the binding on the out side of the stocking makes the outside a lot bigger than the inside. I've got a plan & I'm hoping that it works. When it does there will be a serious happy dance going on here!

I'm also working on the Kansas row by row quilt for my quilt guild. It is due at the January meeting & I'm really getting down to the wire. I've decided on using hexagons & have figured out how to make that work, I think. When I have it laid out on the floor I'll post a pic.
 When I was making my rows (Kansas Dugout was the block I used) I had just enough of the main fabric to finish everyone elses rows but not my own. So when Mom & I were out in Effingham Ks, home to Kansas Troubles I found the same fabric!!!
So I need to finish up making my row & then I can get started on the quilt. More pics to come!

Not to much new farm news. The cows are doing their best to hunker down & wait out the nasty weather. If you can give them a dry place, & all of the hay they can eat, water with no ice & grain they are pretty hardy creatures.

I hope that y'all had a great Thanksgiving. More later on,

Vicky


 

2 comments:

  1. From Carol Tarwater, are we set for you to speak on April 29-30 at Grinter House?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really enjoyed your trunk show at Braided River. You and your mother are delightful. Thank You! Barbara Bledsoe

    ReplyDelete