Monday, April 6, 2015

What I'm working on, things that I know

First half of this blog post will be quilt related & the second will be life related. 

On the quilty front. When I'm at my in laws I've been trying to stay busy. I've been busy slicing & dicing through my scraps to get more 1.5" strips. Here's the last of my pile to go through
But before I can go through this I have to finish cutting up the last of the strip sets & sew up this ice cream container
My husband helped my MIL clean off the table yesterday & did his best at keeping all of my stuff together. He put all of my pieces in the bucket so I'll keep on using it. 
I had noticed that after a while after sewing strip sets on my featherweight my  machine started to lag really bad & I was frustrated with it. By golly I wanted to put some strips under the needle & I felt like I was unable. So I started surfing craigslist looking for a Singer 301. I had heard & read that those machines could do 1300 stitches a minute. That was right up my alley. Were there any available in my area, nope. Next stop was eBay. There were plenty to choose from there. It just all depends on how much I was willing to spend. I found one & I won it!!!!! Woohoo!! Now I just have to be patient & wait for it to arrive. That is not my best virtue, waiting, but I guess it's good for me. 


(Disclaimer: I'm a caretaker for my FIL whose on hospice next door )
On the life front it's been an interesting last few weeks. Definely a roller coaster ride. There have been lots of late night trips for medication or help going to the bathroom. During the day there are lots of interruptions to go next door to give my help. I have found that when I'm home I don't want to do anything but enjoy the quiet. I have found that it has been hard to sew at home. I'm not completely sure why. My current home project is the alternate color way for my pattern Nostalgia, here's a glimpse
During the construction of this quilt I have learned that I'm not a solids lover. I like patterns & textures in my fabrics. Plus the more variety the better. I also am not a fan of white. 

I have a guild presentation tonight in 
St.Joseph MO & I'm looking forward to it! I hope that y'all are doing well. More later on,

Vicky


1 comment:

  1. I think your solid quilt looks good. I'm more partial to non-solids too, but they do have their place now and then. I like that your hubby helps keep you organized with the ice cream carton. That is funny.

    ReplyDelete