Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The grass is greener on the other side

Part of my morning chores is to walk the electric fence. With the grass being so green & tempting the cows just couldn't help themselves. I found this the other morning. 

Some how those crazy creatures twisted one wire on to the other wire. They also did this at the farthest corner from the gate. I walked back up to the barn to unplug the electric fence & then back down to the corner.  In order to get it untwisted I had to find the closest splice (a splice is where we join two pieces of wire) so that I could take it apart & untwist the wire. Which ever cow did this I'm sure she mooed. It's amazing what they will do to get a little grass. Hopefully they will all stay put until we get a little work done in the back pasture. More later on. I'm hoping to get some sewing done tonight!


Vicky

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I bet that smarted a little when that cow tangled with that! I would think there would be signs of scratches on their body too.

    ReplyDelete