Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's done!

I finished this beauty last night. I was doing a happy dance when that last border went on. All of the fabric came from the stash. You can't really tell that I used any of the batik strings though. The black/white pile umm stack has decreased in height! It is considerably smaller than what I usually make. My husband accuses me of having a depth perception problem: I don't realize how big my quilts are getting & they generally end up huge! So this quilt was a nice change of pace.  The borders were relaxing to piece. I just cut lots of black/white strips 6.5" wide & an assortment of lengths. I then sewed them together at random until they were the size I needed for a border. I'm really liking this technique. I've used it on one other quilt & it turned out great. You don't have to worry about pieces matching up on the corners & it is a great way to use up some of those larger pieces. 

I guess I should name this quilt but inspiration hasn't hit yet. If any of y'all have some ideas I am all ears. My next quilt lecture/trunk show is this Thursday & I will be taking this with me! I hope y'all have a great day. More later on,

Vicky

1 comment:

  1. That is spectacular Vickyl Love it!! What size blocks did you use and how big is the overall size of your quilt?

    ReplyDelete